Sunday, April 18, 2010

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Back when I started my current job, one of the second years told me that she couldn't form complete sentences by the end of spring finals week. I wasn't quite sure I believed her... until we got our finals schedule and I saw that we have 7 finals in 4 days. The only positive thing about that week is that we will only be taking the lecture portion of the anatomy final; the lab will be taken care of a week from this Friday. It's going to be lots of work, but a couple friends and I got together this evening and formulated a study plan for our "worst" classes (neuro, immunology, and path).

In other news: This past week was VEISHEA. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is a university-wide celebration of Iowa State. The CVM hosts a large open house for members of the community, which includes things like a petting zoo, exotics expo, a self-guided tour, and various demonstrations (milking a cow, ultrasound, etc.); my cat and I were in the petting zoo. He was not as popular as the dogs, but many people were amazed that he was calm around the dogs (so I explained that he's used to two 95+lb dogs and one 60lb dog that is thrilled that he will interact with her and therefore does not leave him alone). I think my dog and I will make an appearance next year... I helped with the CIVO booth afterward and had the wondrous pleasure of returning 2226 to its normal state.

So, TL;DR - finals are almost upon us and I need to convince myself to study :)

No comments:

Post a Comment