Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Vet school is a time sink

The last time I sat down to write here it was a month into the semester--I never finished that post--and now we're just past midterms and creeping toward the 3-month mark.

Getting through midterms seems almost impossible now that I have time to stop and contemplate it. I'm not sure how I managed, to be honest. Midterms essentially went:

October 8 - anatomy exam 2 (I kicked butt)
October 13 - histo exam 2 (I did not kick butt but did pass)
October 14 - cell bio and med terms finals (I kicked butt on both)
October 21 - nutrition exam 1 (I so did not kick butt and consider myself lucky that I barely passed... it was NOT FUN)
October 29 - anatomy exam 3 (I did fairly well)
October 30 - radiology midterm (results pending)

It was one long month of studying for the next test. I've actually been studying in the library. I was in the building for 12 hours straight for the first time on the 28th... but, sadly, my productivity dropped significantly after last Thursday. Daylight savings time ending didn't help much either--it was dark when I left school at 4:30 today. Dark! At 4:30! At least it's light in the brief time I go outside each morning...

In other words, I really should be reading. Or something. But the motivation isn't quite what it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment