Fall break will be here in 3 weeks. This is both exciting and terrifying -- exciting 'cause we have no classes for a week, and terrifying 'cause the semester is just about over when it seems like it just started. I'm pretty sure that the vet school exists in some kind of time-space continuum.
Oh, and it's terrifying to think that once the semester is over I will have just 3 more until clinics. Me? Practicing to be a doctor? Are you sure that's a good idea!? Then it's off into the "real world" to become a "real adult"... scary. But I've been told that everyone feels that way and eventually you won't feel like such an imposter.
On a happier note -- I'm going to South Africa this summer!!! (If you couldn't tell by the exclamation points I'm a little excited... seriously, the veterinary and Africa nerds in me are screaming with joy). I'm also tentatively going to Australia but the sticker shock is making me hesitate... so we'll see. But I'm leaning toward biting the bullet and going anyway. In any event I've got my camera picked out (time for a new one anyway), a mini waterproof video camera ordered (more on this next week), and the gears are turning for what I need to collect between now and May (hopefully not too much).
And now that I've got myself thinking about all that again I should buckle down and continue my studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment